His Love is More Than a Mother and Father Combined

I went alone without my parents on a Punjab tour with Gurujī when I was very young around 14 or 15 years old. Gurujī gave me so much love. Every once in a while, he would send some devotees to check if I was doing well.

During that tour, there was a program in our Gurubhai's house in Mansa, near Bhatinda. I was feverish, so I lay down. After some time, someone came and kicked me, saying, “You are sleeping! Why? Gurujī will have prasād here.”

Feeling sad, I left the room and immediately Gurujī came from the other side. When he held my hand, he felt it was hot and said, “You have fever.” As one feels comfortable with his father, I complained about the kicking incident. He made me lie behind Him while he was honoring prasād. He caressed me and told me, "Do not cry. He is a vaiṣṇava, so forget about it.”

During hari-kathā that same night, Gurujī mentioned that if anyone hits a vaiṣṇava or even if his chappals (footwear) touch someone then it is very inauspicious. If by mistake also one touches the footwear of a vaiṣṇava by their feet, then he should touch that footwear with his head and ask for forgiveness. Later the same devotee came and asked for forgiveness.

Gurujī’s love is so intense that however much we try to express and explain it, we will still fall short of words. It is only because of Gurujī’s love for each one of us that are all together.

—Sanatan Dāsa, New Delhi





Comments

  1. Wow! So sweet! The best servant of the Original Lord of Sweetness!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

He Could Not Allow His Disciples to Bathe His Feet

Capture It in Your Heart